Endodontic procedures vary depending upon the treatment that is necessary to restore the health of the tooth in question. In some cases, root canal treatment may be able to remove the infection from a tooth. However, in other cases (if root canal treatment fails, for instance), endodontic surgery may be necessary. But how much do you know about endodontic surgery and its purpose? Take the quiz below provided by your Roslyn endodontist, Dr. Edward Goziker, to find out.
Take the Quiz
- True or False: In some cases, endodontic surgery may be necessary for diagnosis.
- True or False: Endodontic surgery is the first option when it comes to removing the infection from a tooth.
- True or False: Calcification in a tooth’s root can necessitate endodontic surgery.
Check Your Answers
- True. In some cases, visual examinations and X-rays are unable to locate the source of a hidden dental problem. In these cases, endodontic surgery can allow your Roslyn endodontist, Dr. Goziker, to examine the entire root of your tooth so that he can locate and treat the problem. To do this, Dr. Goziker will use a surgical operating microscope that allows him to see into minute spaces and locate the source of the trouble.
- False. When a tooth’s pulp becomes infected, root canal treatment is the first option for improving the health of the tooth. Root canal treatment seeks to remove the infected pulp before sealing the tooth against further infection. With the infected pulp successfully removed, the tooth can be preserved and oral health, restored.
- True. When calcium deposits build inside a root canal, the canal becomes too narrow for access by standard dental instruments. If this is the case with your tooth, Dr. Goziker will perform endodontic surgery to clean and seal the canal.
Endodontic Surgery from Your Roslyn Endodontist
Would you like to learn more about endodontic surgery? If so, contact your Roslyn endodontist, Dr. Goziker, today by calling our 11576 dentist office at (516) 869-0111. Also, visit our website for endodontic procedures, treatments, and patient forms. We look forward to treating patients from Flower Hill, East Hills, Munsey Park, Roslyn Heights, Greenvale, and surrounding cities.